SMART FOOD STRATEGY
Our team unlocks the unique Smart Food Strategy that many Food & Beverage companies are currently using to leverage a manufacturing execution system (MES) and advanced industrial data analytics.
BIG CHALLENGES FOR TODAY’S SMART FOOD INDUSTRY
UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND DURING COVID-19
RISING CONCERNS ABOUT TRACEABILITY
WHAT’S INSIDE OUR SMART FOOD STRATEGY?
- 1) Assemble MES task force to formulate a multi-site strategy
- 2) Build process improvement checklist
- 3) Craft business case to maintain support for optimization efforts
- 1) Standardize data from multiple systems
- 2) Identify valuable, actionable data
- 3) Implement efficiency insights on per-production line basis
PEOPLE & SKILLS
- 1) Promote change adoption within
- 2) Communicate key results with leadership & operators
- 3) Lay groundwork for replicating successes at enterprise level
SMART FOOD – IN ACTION
Several years ago, Smucker’s didn’t have a data analytics group.
Now it has a team of four focused on how to harvest value from all the data consolidated from its production facilities.
GE Digital and GrayMatter collaborated with Smucker’s to enhance its MES capabilities and equip it with powerful operations management.
SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS PER YEAR BY
REDUCING PRODUCT OVERFILL
DATA FLOWING TO SENIOR-LEVEL
LEADERS IS HIGHLY RELEVANT
T. Marzetti saves millions with digital transformation
Beginning with a single plant in Kentucky, GE Digital and GrayMatter recommended digitizing data connectivity among key floor assets and contextualizing the data gathered to accelerate OpEx.
SAVED MILLIONS AT JUST
ONE OF ITS FACILITIES
ANTICIPATES SAVINGS TO GROW
REDUCED AMOUNT OF PRODUCT
WASTE BY 50%