HMI/SCADA iFix Fundamentals: GE Digital Training
The HMI-SCADA iFIX Fundamentals course is designed to provide a good working knowledge of iFIX from GE Digital. All major features are covered, from project configuration to data acquisition and visualization. Valuable hands-on lab exercises are provided to guide students through the building and modification of an HMI/SCADA application from top to bottom.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for process, automation or instrumentation engineers and system integrators who will be developing, configuring and using applications on an iFIX system.
Are There any Pre-requisites?
Participants should have a working knowledge of Windows operating systems. Control system exposure and experience is recommended.
What to Expect
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand communication between iFIX SCADA Servers and iFIX iClient nodes.
- Configure iFIX nodes using the System Configuration Utility.
- Configure I/O Drivers to communicate with iFIX
- Create and modify standard Process Database tags.
- Create graphic screens (pictures) using a wide variety of object types and animations.
- Design and build a picture navigation strategy.
- Create basic scripts using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Configure alarming and create screens to monitor and acknowledge alarms.
- Use trending to monitor both real-time and historical data.
- Design and build a system-wide security strategy.
- Use a variety of iFIX Utilities and Operating System administrative options to troubleshoot project or system process faults.