iFix Advanced: GE Digital Training
The HMI-SCADA iFIX Advanced course concentrates on the skills and knowledge required to extend the core functionality of iFIX from GE Digital. In addition, there are a range of topics that discuss the integration of GE’s iFIX applications with external systems such as historians, relational databases, office and reporting applications as well as other automation applications.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for developers responsible for building and implementing full-featured HMI-SCADA iFIX systems. These topics focus on integration and programming and will be beyond the needs of most casual users.
Are There Any Pre-requisites?
Completion of HMI-SCADA iFIX Fundamentals is a prerequisite for taking this course. Prior exposure to programming (in any language) is of benefit as is prior exposure to relational databases and SQL.
What to Expect
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Integrate iFIX with OPC servers and Clients
- Advanced configuration with Database Blocks
- Integrate iFIX with GE’s Historian
- Integrate iFIX with Relational Databases (RDBs)
- Use VisiconX to build graphical RDB tools for users
- Extend iFIX Alarm systems to RDBs and Historian
- Master Dynamo creation and maintenance
- Work with ActiveX components
- Develop schedules to automate workflows and processes
- Drive reports with iFIX
- Configure Server Fail-over and Redundancy
- Prepare iFIX for use with Terminal Server